Best Self-Help Books
The 10 Best Self-Help Books Of All Time
1. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Synopsis: Learn the six ways to make people like you, the twelve ways to win people to your way of thinking, and the nine ways to change people without arousing resentment.
2. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
Synopsis: This book was wonderful education for people, education in how to live life effectively and get closer to the ideal of being a ‘success’ in life.
3. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
Synopsis: In this generation-defining self-help guide, a superstar blogger cuts through the crap to show us how to stop trying to be “positive” all the time so that we can truly become better, happier people.
4. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondō
Synopsis: Japanese cleaning consultant Marie Kondo takes tidying to a whole new level, promising that if you properly simplify and organize your home once, you’ll never have to do it again. Most methods advocate a room-by-room or little-by-little approach, which doom you to pick away at your piles of stuff forever.
5. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
Synopsis: In The Power of Habit, award-winning New York Times business reporter Charles Duhigg takes us to the thrilling edge of scientific discoveries that explain why habits exist and how they can be changed. With penetrating intelligence and an ability to distill vast amounts of information into engrossing narratives, Duhigg brings to life a whole new understanding of human nature and its potential for transformation.
6. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
Synopsis: In Quiet, Susan Cain argues that we dramatically undervalue introverts and shows how much we lose in doing so. She charts the rise of the Extrovert Ideal throughout the twentieth century and explores how deeply it has come to permeate our culture.
7. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
Synopsis: If you’re ready to make some serious changes around here, You Are a Badass will help you: Identify and change the self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors that stop you from getting what you want, blast past your fears so you can take big exciting risks, figure out how to make some damn money already, learn to love yourself and others, set big goals and reach them – it will basically show you how to create a life you totally love, and how to create it now.
8. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
Synopsis: New York Times best-selling author and professor Brené Brown offers a powerful and inspiring book that explores how to cultivate the courage, compassion, and connection to embrace your imperfections and to recognize that you are enough.
9. The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
by Miguel Ruiz
Synopsis: In The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, the Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.
10. The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
Synopsis: Tolle packs a lot of information and inspirational ideas into The Power of Now. Topics include the source of Chi, enlightened relationships, creative use of the mind, impermanence and the cycle of life.
Popular Reading Lists
- 10 Best Self-Help Books for Men
- 10 Best Self-Help Books for Women
- 10 Best Christian Self-Help Books
- 10 Best Meditation Books
- 10 Best Motivational Books
- 10 Best Psychology Books
- 10 Best Social Psychology Books
- 10 Best Christian Books
- 10 Best Christian Books for Women
- 10 Best Christian Fiction Books
- 10 Best Christian Marriage Books
- 10 Best Christian Parenting Books
- 10 Best Books for Men